A national, not-for-profit organization dedicated to the development of Dressage in Canada.
CADORA Inc. (CAnadian Dressage Owners and Riders Association) was incorporated April 1st 1969.
CADORA Inc. is managed on a volunteer basis by its members and a Board of Directors elected yearly by the membership from each of the provinces. It is an officially affiliated member of Equine Canada.
The objectives set forth in the CADORA Inc. Charter are:
- To foster and encourage interest and participation in dressage riding as a sport through ongoing rider qualification workshops, awards programs and competitions
- To ensure progressions that will advance rider/horse teams to competitive International levels
- To provide competitions, matches, demonstrations involving dressage riding accessible to all regions of the country
- To promote throughout Canada development of the sport consistent with the principles of Dressage as formulated by the International governing body of the Equestrian Olympic Disciplines, the FEI
- To raise funds by way of donations, dues, bursaries for educational purposes and otherwise to further the objectives of the corporation